Thursday, February 23, 2006

Five Food Challenges!

I've been tagged by Ms. Foodie herself, Julia, to come up with five food challenges for the year. I'm not much help in the kitchen, but I'll try!

(1) Make at least one new recipe every other week. I have piles of recipes that I'm always clipping from magazines (I said I'm not good in the kitchen, but I love food) but I rarely make any of them. So, that's my first challenge.

(2) Organize recipes. They end up stuffed into folders and wind up getting lost. Or I'll find a recipe on-line and save it in an e-mail before forgetting about it entirely. I have big ambitions to put them in a nice binder, but it never happens.

(3) Limit intake of processed, pre-packaged foods. I don't know if I'll be able to cut it out entirely, but we all know that fresh (seasonal) food is just better for you.

(4) Try at least one new restaurant every other week. I do go out to eat a lot, but I'm limiting it to every other week so I can go somewhere a bit more upscale! San Francisco is full of fabulous restaurants, but I usually wind up at my favorites again and again.

(5) Bring home-prepared meals to work instead of grabbing something in the cafeteria. I've already been working on this, but it's so easy to slip into forgetting. (And much cheaper and healthier!)

Now I'll tag steph, Y, Karen, and Parisjasmal!

6 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, thanks so much! They both still shine. And Audrey's influence -- on fashion and film and humanitarianism -- is timeless.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

A great list and I agree with all of them, especially about processed food. Best of luck!

1:36 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Chili Cheese Fritos are pretty dang good!

But the funny thing is, the less I eat stuff like that, the less I want to. It just becomes less appealing.

(Though I may need some for the skating!)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Y said...

Oh, my, tagged again. Ok, I'll try to come up with some original food challenges, but not promising anything since I actually do cook quite a lot!

2:23 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, be creative! I know you can do it!

2:26 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Am heading out again, but will read it when I get back tonight! Can't wait to read your challenges.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home