Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Perfect Evening

I'm not one of those singletons who sits around and wallows in her singlehood. But around Valentine's Day, it can be tough. Not because of all of the V-Day fluff floating around in the air: flowers and cheap chocolates and even cheaper stuffed animals that nobody really wants. No, it gets tough when I hear other singletons rant about being single.

I say, get over it.

So last night, I decided to do something positive for Valentine's Day and offered (with two dear friends, L and C, and C's boyfriend, F) to babysit for two friends who just had a baby four months ago. I figure that if anyone truly wants to celebrate Valentine's Day (and if anyone truly deserves a break), it'd be them.

We never figured out why it took four adults to babysit one baby, especially when one is the father of two (that'd be F) and one used to work in a nursery (that'd be me) but it worked for us.

Luckily, Baby B was simply perfect (well, she is a pretty damn cute and perfect kid to begin with, so this doesn't surprise me) and went right to sleep after her bottle, so the four of us had a fab time sipping wine, eating too-much pizza and brownies (FYI calories do not count on Valentine's Day), laughing and comparing notes on the bizarre behavior of women and men, and watching American Idol and the most dreadful Dr. Phil program on dating (for some reason, he was trying to find Paula Abdul a date). We realized after mom and dad were almost home that we had forgotten to take pictures, so here's one of me and Baby B when she's only four days old.

Okay everyone say: AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

That is so cute! A very nice way to spend V Day.

And thank you also for the card (which I received yesterday).

4:47 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Yeah, it was a nice evening.

And I'm glad the card made it so quickly! Almost in time!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a darling picture. Glad you had such a nice evening. I too get sick of the complaining singles on Valentine's Day. So tiresome.

5:30 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

You were babysitting, too, right? How was it? (Didn't see you posting about it earlier today...)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

What a darling photo!

THANK YOU for your card, I picked it up today! So super sweet of you - love you hon!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Y said...

Sounds like a fun evening! And yes, I get tired of the moaner singletons, too. I don't even remember now what I did V Day evening; I think it was something exciting like cooking dinner and watching the ice skating. *snore*

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pah, you want a singleton's rant?!

http://anotherbloodyblog.wordpress.com/2006/09/20/singleton-rant/

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home