Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Huge Ethical Dilemma

Regarding: Mission Impossible: III

Okay, so I didn't see either of the first two M.I.'s as they're totally not my kind of movie. However, we all know that some of us (well, me and Miss V) think that the sun and moon rise and fall around one brilliantly talented Philip Seymour Hoffman. So you can imagine my thrill, my joy, my excitement when I saw that PSH is in M:i: III (whose logo, by the way appears to be shorthand for the new math).

So what's the dilemma? you might ask. Hold on and I'll tell you.

We also all know that one Tom Cruise has quickly place himself on my short (ha ha!) list of, Creepy Men Whose Movies We Never Ever Want to See (right alongside Mr. Bradley Pitt). And we further know that Mr. Ick Cruise is the star of the MI movies (see his name right there, above the title?)...

But it's got Philip Seymour Hoffman. Playing a cool bad guy.

What's a gal to do?

10 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I suggest waiting till it comes out on DVD, then renting it and getting together with other friends who also loathe The Short One and a stack of booze. Watch the movie while making fun of Shorty (always fun to substitute your own dialogue instead of what he's saying). Or you could just watch it by yourself on DVD and skip through to the PSH scenes, but that kind of defeats the purpose of watching a movie.

3:37 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

OR: I could just wait for Capote to come on on DVD and watch that again!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

I completely get your dilemma, same thing happens with me with examples that escape me at the moment. But I have the same feelings about Tom Cruise.

I would see it if you have nothing better to do or there's nothing else on. Good Sunday afternoon activity.

6:48 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Hmmm...nothing better else to do. I can think of a gazillion things I'd rather do than look at Mr. Ick Cruise on a Sunday afternoon!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Y said...

Oh, I so feel your pain. I can't stand anything with Billie Bob Thornton in it. This causes quite a dilemma sometimes as he ends up in some good movies. At least, I hear they're good. I usually try not to spend any money on them, so it doesn't go into his pocket, and to only watch these movies when I happen to run across them on a crap weekend afternoon (or late night/early morning insomnia bouts) so then I can say I had nothing better to do and nothing else was on tv.

Does that help, in spite of the awful run-on sentence?

7:59 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

We should start a support group. Women who hate Icky men in movies.

I have actually seen a few of Ick Cruise's movies -- as the movies themselves are good (Magnolia, for one) or have hot men in them (Top Gun) -- but my disgust has become so great since TomKat that this may no longer be possible.

11:52 AM  
Blogger chimera said...

I like Jules' suggestion...

11:57 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I could even turn it into a drinking game; every time PSH has a scene, everybody drink!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way. I don't want to punish PSH just because he happens to sahre the same "stage" as grody Cruise. But I really don't think I can pay maney to watch it on the big screen. I'd absolutely hate to know that I helped support his habit of buying a sonogram machine for his fake baby. What to do??

12:29 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Or your money will go directly to the Church of Scientology.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home