Thursday, March 09, 2006

How to make yourself (almost) feel better in three parts

One. Go to Citizen Cupcake and sample their decadent, rich, creamy, sinful Moka Choka cupcake with a cup of peppermint tea. The creamy center and chocolate delight are enough to make any woman realize that chocolate combined with cream filling really is a girl's best friend.


Two. Buy a copy of The Bad Girl's Guide To Getting Personal. Laugh outloud while reading it without caring that cupcake crumbs are spilling into your cleavage. (Or even better: realize that a bad girl realizes that crumbs spilt into one's cleavage is the perfect pick-up opportunity on a rainy Thursday afternoon. As in: Oh, boys. Can you help me fetch this last crumb? I just can't seem to reach it.)




Three. On way back to subway, make cupcake-energized eyes at sexy homeless guitar player. Consider dropping leftover cupcake into his guitar case but realize that sacrificing one's last cupcake -- even to a sexy homeless guitar player -- is something a bad girl simply never does.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

That sounds like a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon/evening.

As for the sexy homeless guitar guy... you reminded me of the first time I went to Chicago, and I was sitting on the stairs of the Art Institute waiting for it to open, and was asked by a homeless guy if I could spare some change. I offered him some of my Oreo cookies instead. Even though he took them, I think he was thinking "damn it girl - I just wanted the money, not some damn cookies".

9:54 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

He was so cute (and reasonably clean) that I'm thinking of seeing if he's there again tomorrow. Just out of curiousity, of course. Or research. Yeah. Research.

I've given people food (there's always someone selling the homeless newsletter in front of the market and if I don't have any cash, I might grab a bottle of water or something inside). Nobody's yelled at me yet!

10:52 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, there was a bubble bath, of course!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look delicious. I have tried cupcakes from Citizen Cake, they were lovely. Can't wait to try Citizen Cupcake next time I'm in SF. Will you be reviewing them for Beth's cupcake tour?

7:58 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Perhaps I will -- I don't have a digital camera, so it's tough to take pictures, but maybe I'll make it back there soon! They sure were dang yummy.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home