Tuesday, March 07, 2006

You know it's hard out here for a pimp!

It's stirred much debate over whether or not it should have won for best song, but Hustle & Flow's rap song, "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp," has been stuck in my head now for three days!

It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp
From Hustle & Flow
Music and lyric by Jordan Houston, Cedric Coleman and Paul Beauregard

You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin')
When he tryin' to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin')
For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't knowin')


I reviewed the film in January, and must again suggest that people see it. It might not be the typical movie for most movie-goers, but Terrance Howard's performance is utterly brilliant and the supporting cast excellent in telling the story of a pimp who is trying to overcome his surroundings. If anything, the surprise win (note that I predicted it!) will bring more attention to a film that most viewers overlooked, or perhaps didn't even notice its existence.

1 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

It's been in my head for DAYS.

Funny, but looking at my site meter, I have dozens of people who found me because they're searching for the lyrics.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home