Monday, October 09, 2006

Loco Confession

Okay, so in my desperate attempt to avoid grading "Fuck Poetry" (another post entirely) I'm watching The Bachelor.

It is such a bad show, as it's always been a bad show. But this year it's gone from bad to stunningly worse. ABC has gone and found a real-life prince for 25 desperate women to fight over. Apparently, all women (or at least all women under the age of 25 as the vast majority of the women are in their early 20s, all just ticking away to get married) are all waiting for Prince Charming to give them their fairy tale romance.

Haven't they gotten the memo yet? It's 2006, girls.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this show?

Why can't they have just one cynical woman there to talk about how she's seeking her Anti-Prince Equal? Even better, why can't one just look at him and say, "Ewwwww....."?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you. I don't want to watch but I just have to.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

why do I want to slap the tree hugger one? Why do I even watch this train wreck?

6:41 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Fuck poetry? can't wait to read that post!!

Do you really think that the Powers that Be at the networks would let through a woman who was anti-prince? I swear they must do a TON of psych testing, just so that they can get desperate-to-get-married, not-too-choosey types on those shows. How rare is it to see someone say "you know what? Not interested so I'm leaving. See ya!"? Yeah, it happens occassionally, but it is pretty damn rare and is always billed as the big SHOCK! suprise ending.

7:12 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Seriously, paris. Me too. And what about that socialite? I actually feel sorry for her as she seems to define herself entirely by her social class (and assumes that any man who is wealthy will automatically be just like her). I was shocked he kept her around.

But like every good train wreck, I can't seem to tear my eyes away.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh god, don't tell me about it, or I am going to be tempted to watch.. and I haven't watched that show in SEASONS AND SEASONS... down with the bachelor!! DOWN I SAY!!!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home