Sunday, April 09, 2006

And they call me a world traveller?

I am the biggest fucking idiot. I arrive at the Melbourne airport, still exhausted from last night...and as I'm standing there in line, I notice that there isn't a flight listed for Cairns.

I take out my itinerary and notice that I was supposed to have gone to the airport YESTERDAY. I can't even use alcohol as an excuse, just my own damn stupidity.

$250 later (and a whole host of totally non-sympathetic and borderline rude Virgin Blue workers) I now have 5 hours to sit on my ass in the airport and have entirely lost my entire plan for seeing the area surrounding Cairns.

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

OK, I've done this too, but I missed my flight by about 2 hours instead of a whole day. It made me paranoid about checking my itinerary for all future trips though.

Hope you have fun in Cairns/Port Douglas, and that there isn't too much debris from the cyclone that went through a couple of weeks ago.

5:49 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I'm okay now. Minus the money, of course, but I got a good night's sleep and have arranged my car rental for tomorrow so I'll still get to see the area.

Amazing what a little sleep brings a gal!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Aww that sucks! I have missed flights before--it is such a mess!
I am happy you are having such a nice time though.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home