Thursday, February 02, 2006

Groundhog's Resolutions


Happy Groundhog Day, everyone! Because I've long boycotted New Year's Resolutions, I've decided that this year (to avoid being, as always, entirely without direction) to make some Groundhog's Resolutions. This works the same way as New Year's Resolutions, except if you break one, you have to crawl back under the covers for six more weeks. (Hmmm...it should be the other way around. If you achieve one, you get to sleep for six weeks.) Anyhow, I can figure out the logistics later. Here they are:

Groundhog's Res #1: I resolve to send out no fewer than two short stories and one children's book for publication (Er, this did NOT happen. But they're ready to go out);

Groundhog's Res #1b: I resolve to finish a second draft of my novella (Er, I finished one draft and have started revising, but...);

Groundhog's Res #2: I resolve to finish at least four books per month over the Groundhog Year (I haven't added them up completely, but I think I'm pretty close!!!);

Groundhog's Res #3: I resolve to go to Australia (Note: Mission Australia accomplished 18 March - 15 April 2006!!!) and Spain (Note: Mission accomplished 29 April - 23 May 2006.)

Groundhog's Res #4: I resolve to put away the paint, the brushes, and the ladder from my bathroom painting project that ended weeks ago; (Note: On 27 February, ladder, etc. have found new homes due to Mr. Foxy picking me up at apartment for second date later this week. Subnote: Had not really finished painting the bathroom weeks ago; writer lied; writer is finishing painting bathroom (and buying new mop to clean floors) as she updates blog as upcoming date calls for domestication; writer admits to own pathetic behavior for foxy man.)

Groundhog's Res #5: I resolve to have at least one second date during this Groundhog year Resolution accomplished on 3/2/06. See: A Shout Out to Mr. Foxy;

Groundhog's Res #6: I resolve to not spend so many more hours lying in the bathtub, dreaming my life away (Oh, good grief. Of course this one failed miserably!!! The hours I spend in the tub are endless);

Groundhog's Res #7: I resolve to not order carry away food or mini quiches more than once every other week (Hooray for me!!! Have not done this in WEEKS!!!);

Groundhog's Res #7b: I resolve to invest above-saved money (and any other savings) in some responsible, adult way (Oh my. I just bought a condo! I think that means I've accomplished this!);

Groundhog's Res #8: I resolve that above-written resolution is null and void should I find the perfect pair of black pumps or a Versace (or D & G) tuxedo at 90% off (Sadly, I still am perfect black pump and tuxedo free).

A good year, indeed!

4 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Great resolutions! Especially the last. Go forth and resolute!

I love Groundhog Day the movie!

2:39 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, I love that movie, too. It's funny but also pretty dang smart.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great list. I might have to steal some of yours to add to my constantly changing New Year's Resolution list (5,7,7b, and of course 8).

9:31 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

8 is, of course, the most important of them all!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home