Sunday, January 29, 2006

Now Fabulously Available


A special 45th Anniversary Edition of Breakfast at Tiffany's is set for release on February 7th. Based on Truman Capote's brilliant novella of the same title (based on -- in the novella, Paul's gay, sorry to inform you!) Breakfast at Tiffany's tells the unforgettable story of the delightful callgirl, Holly Golightly (played, of course, by the unforgettable Audrey Hepburn) and her struggles to find a place where she belongs. It isn't Hepburn's best performance, but perhaps one of her most memorable as she shines in the role and brings great complexity to a character who could have been portrayed solely as a party girl. The edition has lots of bonus features, including the original theatrical trailer, so it looks like an edition worthy of owning (even if you, like me, already own the film -- but perhaps it's time to upgrade from VHS to DVD!)

And it goes without saying, that this long-term Truman Capote fan also highly recommends picking up the novella for a quick read!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. I adore both the movie and Capote's book. I have a hard time buying DVDs of movies I already own but in this case it's worth it for the bonus features.

11:58 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

That's what I'm thinking -- plus, my VHS copy is pretty old (and worn; I think I've watched the film a hundred times) so eventually it will need replacing.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home