Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Results Are In!

Drumroll, please....

I had a very nice first date with Mr. On-Line. We met at Zazie, a French bistro in Cole Valley. At first, when I had been waiting for fifteen minutes for him, I thought I was being stood up (trying to work on not being on the defensive!) but it turns out he had arrived early and was waiting for me in the back patio. We were originally only going to have coffee, but both of us were hungry, so we had a light dinner and wine and dessert.

He's a bit of a shy one, but very sweet (and kinda cute) and perhaps even a gentleman (what a concept). We seemed to have much in common, especially with regards to travel, and we spent much of the evening exchanging travel stories. We wound up chatting for 2 1/2 hours and left when the restaurant was closing (which may have been good; first dates, especially internet-inspired dates, should never last much longer than 2 hours).

Not sure if there's a potential future, but I had fun. And really, that's all that matters for a first date, right?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Fantastic. I'm glad that it was a good first date, and hopefully enough potential to follow up with a second date.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Sounds like a wonderful date! I love the shy, gentlemanly type.

I am glad you liked him! Has he called? Or have you called?

6:48 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

It just sort of ended. He offered to walk me to the subway stop but then I said I was going to walk home, so we gave each other a quick hug, and that was that.

I'm about to send him an e-mail thanking him for dinner and suggesting that maybe we should go to a film at the independent film festival that starts next week.

Another thing from the seminar: It's okay to take risks; nobody can truly hurt me as long as I have me!

11:40 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Update: We have officially had one "I had a good time, perhaps next time we can talk about other things" e-mail exchange. Hmmmm....Should I be daring and ask him to the film festival?

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home