Thursday, January 12, 2006

Movie Review -- King Kong

Let's get right to the point about King Kong. It's a movie. There was a big, scary monkey. There were also big, scary dinosaurs. Oh, and not-quite-as-big, but still scary island people. Naomi Watts was there. She screamed a lot (though not as much as one would expect) and did some juggling, all the while keeping her hair bouncy and fresh. Jack Black was there, too. He was kinda mean, but still funny. A lot of people got killed. Everyone got very dirty and scratched up. Peter Jackson directed.

Now, for the important stuff.

We all know that any movie starring Adrien Brody is simply a better movie than any movie not starring Adrien Brody. Lookey, here he is (from the BBC) acting brilliantly in The Pianist (rightfully winning the Oscar, like I knew he would).



And lookey, here he is again (from the Guardian) after rightfully winning the Oscar (like I knew he would). Isn't he so cute? I must confess that I cried during his Oscar acceptance speech (like you knew I would).




This one is just plain sex. (Can't read this, can you?)


So, what's all of this have to do with King Kong? Everything. Think about this. At one point in the movie, Adrien Brody is typing on a manual typewriter. Everyone knows that one of the sexiest things in the world is a man typing on a manual typewriter. Then, at another point in the movie, Adrien is typing on a manual typewriter wearing an undershirt. Even sexier. At still another point in the movie, Adrien is just plain shirtless. Okay, it's not as sexy as that shot in the blue briefs in Summer of Sam, but still. Sexy.



So, because this movie is both Brodylicious and Brodyfied, it gets the highest mark: FIVE STARS!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure about seeing King Kong, but you've persuaded me. I too adore Adrien Brody.

8:31 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

He's the only reason I saw it (it was actually a pretty decent movie, but I would have never paid to see it were it not for my man!)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Y said...

Not that you're biased at all. ;)

1:30 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, no. I'm not biased at all. This review is based on FACT!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Tessa I confessa, I love Adrian too. I find him to be incredibly sexy. I like a well defined nose! Adrian has ALL KINDS of charisma.......HOT!!!

4:04 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

How tasty did he look at the Golden Globes? Yum. Yum.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home