Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Addicted

Is it bad that in the past three weeks I have read the following?

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Queen Bees & Wannabees by Rosalind Wiseman
Bestseller by Christopher Knight
Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophia Kinsella
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Will finish by tomorrow: Naked by David Sedaris

I didn't think so!

Okay, so it's a bit heavy on the fluff, but I have to say it feels DAMN GOOD to have a huge stack of books just waiting to be read. It's their bibliodestiny, afterall.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Woo hoo. You're doing just what you planned to do. How can that be bad?

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bit of fluff isn't bad. You should participate in the "75 Books Challenge". You're already off to a great start! (http://www.edrants.com/?p=2524)

10:09 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, I'll check that out! Hopefully I can keep up the pace with this reading (I have the next stack ready to start with -- a bit more meaty this time; the fluff was the warm-up).

10:25 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Good work!

Your thoughts on Time Time Traveler's Wife? I've heard many raves.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Is Queen Bees and Wannabes any good? (I know Mean Girls is based on it, so am curious)

4:48 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Time Traveler's Wife was excellent! I read it in about 36 hours, it was so good.

Queen Bees & Wannabees is aimed at parents raising daughters; but I found it very interesting (I write about a lot of the issues raised in it, so it spoke to that).

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home