Thursday, December 22, 2005

One of my holiday favorites....


I suppose it's not really a holiday classic, even though the last scenes are set at Christmas time, but I always like to watch it this time of year. Edward Scissorhands. I watched it last night for the gazillionth time, and I know I'll watch it again (probably this afternoon while thinking about packing for the holiday travel weekend). Perhaps it's a bit sappy and a bit sentimental for some (including some like me who tends to scoff at sentimentality) but I think it's one of Johnny Depp's greatest performances, and I get weepy every time I watch it. Sometimes a romantic fairy tale is all the world needs.


(Images from here)

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

I really need to watch it again, it's been years. Hopefully my sister has it and we can bung it on after Christmas lunch.

2:41 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I actually bought it a few months ago; found the DVD in the bargain bin and snatched it up in my Johnny addiction!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home