Sunday, November 13, 2005

Secret Single Behavior


One of my favorite episodes of Sex and the City is The Good Fight. Carrie and Aiden move in together, and over brunch, the girls reveal their "SSB," their Secret Single Behavior, the things they'd never do in front of their boyfriends.

So, what's mine? I like to order in delivery and eat it in a bubble bath surrounded by candles while watching a movie on my laptop computer. It feels so decadent, so luxurious, so much of a guilty pleasure.

Well, what's yours? Tell me about your SSB.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Last night I ate noodles directly from the frypan, watching a Britney Murphy DVD. So maybe I like being a slob. Is that wrong and broken?

8:57 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

julia -- no, it's so right and perfect! britney murphy? don't let me forget to tell you about watching "how to lose a guy in 10 days" the other night :)

la.dauphine -- that's a good way to think about it. There is a certain comfort in being single, and some good habits (along with the bad!) that come out of it.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

AHHH--I like to get something to eat and sit in the basement in one of our media chairs, surrounded by InStyle, Vogue, British Vogue, French Vogue, Italian Vogue, Lucky and watch a movie,or DVD on the plasma--with a glass of wine and wrapped in a blanket.
LUXURY!

I love your blog!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

That's very true La Dauphine!

Story time please, Ms Muse!

8:10 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Well, let's just say that gay_boyfriend provided myself and another friend with some amusing substances last weekend...which led to much thoughtful interpretation of the subtext to "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" and some sock-skating through his perfectly-polished hardwood apartment (combined with an impromptu singing of "You're So Vain"). And chocolate. Funny, but the first time I watched the movie, I was not so nearly amused!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home