Monday, October 24, 2005

Birthday Weekend, Part three

Sunday.

I woke up and believe it or not, had to do some work! But fortunately, this state of being passed fairly early, and T1 & T2 and I went to Anastasia's art studio to see her open studio. Truly an amazing experience. She's currently combining dance with paint with video, and the whole thing is sublime. Had a nice time hanging out with an artsy crew, but before long, we had to return home to get ready for....

...Sunday night's barbeque.

Some backstory is needed. For several months now, I have been subtlely (and shyly) flirting with a certain Hot_Neighbor_Guy. Hot in a way that causes me to revert back to 12-year-old behavior (translation: that causes me to race up to my apartment, blushing, after every nervous encounter). People who know me don't realize that deep down I'm pretty shy and insecure, but people who really know me see through my confident exterior, straight through to my hidden fears. So a few weeks ago, without my knowing, T1 & T2 come up with this master plan (I like to call it weaving a spider's web) to push me forward into actually meeting HNG. They meet him and invite him to a barbeque this weekend. Of course, I'm utterly terrified, but decide to face my 12-year-old fears....


Beth, I did NOT get my kiss...However, the four of us DID end up staying at T1 & T2's apartment until 2 a.m., drinking champagne and eating yummy chocolate. And, he does appear to be pretty damn similar to me (that's a long story, but trust me on this one). AND I think I kinda like him. And he may even kinda like me, though the verdict is still out on that one. (You know how it is, gals, when you're so used to the instant catch -- go out to a bar, get really drunk, go home with the random guy sitting on the barstool next to you....well, the not-so-instant catch is a bit baffling. Whoever thought that being friends with a guy would be a good thing?)

I think this might just be better than a kiss, though. (Okay, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm DYING to see him naked, but still, there's something to be said for being patient.) Will update if anything should come out of this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I feel like the kiss will come soon! really a birthday celebration should last all month long, so you still have some time!

1:31 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Here's hoping! But if not, it was still a good weekend :)

(And I agree that birthday celebrations should last for several weeks...)

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home