Monday, October 10, 2005

Just another ordinary weekend in my not-so-ordinary life

  • Lunch at my favorite French-inspired cafe with a ball o' fluff (aka: my friends' doggie) sitting on my lap;
  • Met a friend for cheeseburgers, movies, champagne;
  • Met another friend to go check out local art at several open studios;
  • Yummy pastries and chai followed by the perfect pedicure;
  • Grading grading grading;
  • The tastiest Thai food in San Francisco. Oh, and more champagne (can a girl ever have too much champagne?);
  • Oh yeah. I almost forgot. I got ordained. Yup. That's right, folks. Ordained. (Long story, but you probably figured that.) Should any of you need to get married, annulled, divorced, baptized, circumcised (okay, maybe not), or buried (hopefully not the latter!) just call me up and I'll be there A.S.A.P.!

7 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Champagne = becoming ordained? And here I thought Champagne = flirty = making a fool of yourself. I'd like the long story please.

5:13 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Well, I did spend a bit of time singling Elton John songs into Gay_Boyfriend's brush Saturday everning, but sadly, that was BEFORE the champagne!

The story goes that two friends of mine (married) renew their vows every year on their anniversary. So, the other night, they mention this to me, and I got pretty excited about this fact and begged them if I could perform the ceremony (okay, since I'm a reverend and all, I must confess that the excitement mostly came from imagining what I would wear when performing the ceremony; I'm thinking red, halter-top, full skirt similar to MM's dress in Seven Year Itch. But red. Vintage. And strappy silver sandals. Maybe those Badgley Mischkas I scored last year for just over a hundred bucks. I digress...)

They, of course, got equally giddy about the idea (being fueled themselves by copious amounts of vodka martinis) and it was a simple task of clicking a link, filling in my name and a few details. Voila!

I'm thinking of making people bow and kiss my pinky finger every time they approach me. Whatcha think? ;)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

"I'm thinking of making people bow and kiss my pinky finger every time they approach me. Whatcha think?"

OK, I watched Amadeus this weekend (love that movie - whatever happened to Tom Hulce, but I digress) and there is quite a bit of pinky ring kissing in that, and I definitely remarked to myself how there should be more of that these days. You'd be perfect!

What a great outfit. When is the big day?

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheeseburgers + champagne = YUM

(even though I don't eat cheeseburgers, it sounds divine)

1:45 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

IMO champagne goes well with everything. But I do have a bit of a cheeseburger fetish (whoops! am I allowed to have a fetish now that I'm a holy woman?) so the combo was perfect....

2:17 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

I hadn't had McDonald's for almost 10 years before I had a drunken night out earlier this year and CRAVED a cheeseburger. Now, I can't get enough.

So, McDonald's, Burger King or gourmet?

9:54 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Gourmet, of course! Some of the best burgers in the area.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home