Wednesday, October 05, 2005

One of those weeks....


This week is all about chick lit. It's all I can fathom. Since Saturday morning, I have read both In Her Shoes (inspired, in part, by seeing the movie Friday night) and Good In Bed (not that I'm Jennifer Weiner obsessed or anything, but it was staring at me at the airport news stand).

Tuesday morning, I thought, okay lady, you're an English instructor. Whatever happend to quality? Whatever happened to literature? In an act of desperation, I went to Border's where I spotted a copy of Schindler's List on sale for only $3.99. Depth. At last. I won't lose my job.

I read the first 200 brilliant pages on the plane and in the airport yesterday evening. Was planning on continuing reading when I got home when what should appear in my mailbox? Bergdorf Blondes by Ms. Plum Sykes. Needless to say, I did not finish Schindler last night. I will someday, I promise, just not right now.

Sometimes it's all a gal can handle, right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go through phases where all I can mentally tolerate is chick lit (although that term makes me queasy). Bergdorf Blondes is a pleasant diversion. I've heard rumors that BB is going to be made into a series on the WB. Although I've also heard that movie producers had approached Lindsay Lohan about playing "Moi". So who knows what will end up happening.

10:22 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Ew! No! Not Lindsay Lohan! Anyone but her!

I do hate the term chick lit as well...but it is such a lovely diversion at times. BB is seeming to be pretty funny; I can't wait to read it (as soon as I finish up and shut down).

10:57 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I haven't finished it yet (didn't have much time for reading this weekend) but I'm finding it to be very very funny. A step above most chick-lit in terms of wit and quality.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home