Saturday, October 01, 2005

Random Musings for a Saturday Morning

Had the perfect date last night. Gay Boyfriend and I first had dinner at Home Restaurant. Mac & cheese (not as good as usual, but still very comforting) and a lovely spinach salad with sliced apples, walnuts, and blue cheese, and two Home Girl martinis (sort of like cosmos but with a splash of champagne).

Then it was off to see In Her Shoes starring the always perfect Toni Collette and the always smiling Cameron Diaz. (Sidenote: yet another great thing about gay boyfriends is their willingness to go see chick flicks on opening night; sometimes they even cry!) I must say, we both love love loved it! Toni was perfect as always (and in one scene, she's wearing my Trina Turk black & white asymmetrical hemline dress (but with the wrong shoes, IMO; Gay Boyfriend agreed, naturally)). How much do I love that girl? And Cameron was shining as usual. (She's not my favorite, but I find her endearing and perfect for the part.)

It was very much a Will & Grace moment, and it's no wonder that more than one person in my life has told me that I remind them of Grace. Though perhaps it's because I'm always running into things and tripping over my own two feet.

And speaking of that Trina Turk dress (from a few seasons ago -- am frantically trying to find a picture of it on-line, but with no luck). The dress has a white background with lots of black swirly designs on it. Last year, I contemplated wearing it to my friend A's wedding but opted not to because it has white in it (even went on-line to ask for help!) I wore this great Diane Von Furstenberg dress instead, and everything was just fine* but still...my lovely little Trina Turk dress was hanging in the closet all alone, collecting dust.

Well. Wouldn't you know it, but Toni Collette wore my dress to a wedding in the movie! And it looked perfect. More black than white. Definitely not upstaging the bride. Definitely not inappropriate.

I feel like I should apologize to my dress, but that would be odd, right?

*Of course, aided by the fact that Gay Boyfriend was once again my perfect date

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked In Her Shoes. I was worried it would be a disappointment. But I adore Toni Collette and have faith in her choice of movies to participate in. Did you see her in Japanese Story? It's one of my favorite Toni Collette films. Thanks for the review. I'll be sure to see it soon.

1:17 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I haven't seen Japanese Story; it's one of few of her movies that I haven't seen. I'll have to check it out. There were parts of the book that were entirely omitted from the movie (typically) but I really did love it.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just given a copy of the book. Do you think it should be read before or after viewing the movie?

4:10 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Tough call. I read the book this weekend (fast read) and was pleased with both. Though I suppose a die-hard fan of the book might be irked by some of the changes.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home