Sunday, September 25, 2005

21 Things I love this very minute...

M and I stopped by my favorite produce store yesterday afternoon, when all of a sudden I had the horrible realization (it happens every year) that all of my favorite produce is now officially out of season. Nine months without the perfect peach, strawberries, heirloom tomatoes. I had to buy an avocado to make me feel better, but as it was from Chile (why does an avocado need to come from Chile when I live in California?) I needed something to cheer me up

And so, what I love this very minute:

(1) Mac Viva Glam 5 lip glass
(2) My new Vogue, still in its wrapper, sitting patiently on my coffee table
(3) The Prada pumps I got at 75% off a couple of months ago
(4) Champagne (duh!)
(5) Baguettes, smoked salmon, creme fraiche (double duh!)
(6) Olives and feta cheese
(7) Scharffen Berger dark chocolate
(8) Kisses from my doggie and nibbles from my parakeet
(9) A soak in a lavender-scented tub
(10) An autumn breeze
(11) Black turtlenecks
(12) Sex and the City, Season Six...in particular, the Paris episodes
(13) A message on my answering machine from my best friend, just to tell me that he loves me
(14) Seeing the pile of essays I have to grade get smaller and smaller with each essay graded
(15) Mac Pigments
(16) Knowing there's still almost one more month before I turn 34
(17) Catching HNG checking me out
(18) Feeling free to have a crush and nothing but a crush
(19) S. Pellegrino
(20) Pasta
(21) And finally, I must admit, avocados from Chile

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I love Scharffen Berger chocolate (if only for their name). I even went on a tour of their factory when I was living in Berkeley. Fortunately for me they finally started making a milk chocolate because I'm just not big into dark chocolate. Your list is great.

3:58 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, I noticed you mentioned Berkeley in your blog; yippee for finding a Bay Area Literary Blogger. (Would that be a BALB? BLAB would be so much cooler.)

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home