Sunday, October 02, 2005

Motherly Love

I'm visiting my mom this weekend. Today, she took me shopping to find a birthday present for me. For me, we got a hand-painted funky tank top and a pair of equally funky pants and this sweater (but in eggplant) all from my one of my all-time favorite (but not-too-expensive) shops, Express.



Okay, nothing revolutionary for me. But for her we got this lovely top in flame red. My mother, who's wandered around in baggy khakis and oversized t-shirts and blouses for years, hesitated, saying that she feels like it's too tight, that it's too small for her. I looked at the way it shaped her waist, the way it cut perfectly across her broad shoulders, the way it made her statuesque frame even more proud and said, Er, Mom. It's not too small. It's just that you've finally found something that fits you the way clothes are supposed to fit!

Fit, ladies. That's what it's all about!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't shopping with mom the best?

12:13 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Yes! Especially when she's footing the bill...I was so tickled to watch her get an Express credit card. My hip little Mama!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home