Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My favorite picture of me

Inspired by Beth.

I love this picture of me. My face is what it is -- no makeup, no questioning, no fear; my hair isn't washed or even combed properly; I'm wearing a $5 thrift-store t-shirt. I remember when it was taken. I was at a hungover Sunday brunch with D. and M., and was clowning around for the camera, posing like a supermodel (much to the delight of D. and to the embarrassment of M.); at the instant D. took this shot, I relaxed and started laughing at how silly I was being. This is me, purely me.



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! One of my most beloved photographs of myself is me laughing at who knows what. Photos like this always make you smile.

9:54 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

They're so honest and real and true to the person's spirit.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Yes! What a wonderful shot - I'm just filled with your laugh!

Candid shots are the best - the problem with digital cameras is (IMO) it's so hard to get that candid shot because there's always someone shouting "oh I look horrible, take one more!". That's why I'm old school and sticking with SLR (that, and I have no idea how to use digital).

3:49 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I think this actually might have been done with a digital camera...but fortunately, it didn't get deleted (there are many where I look much "better", but this one is so ME!)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Annieytown said...

Thats a great photo!

4:21 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Thanks! I thought about posting it on an on-line personal ad (back in the days where I believed that on-line dating was possible, but that's a different post entirely)...but then chickened out because I didn't think I'd get any responses. Though I suppose any responses I got would be from really good guys, right? Hmmm...maybe I should re-think the on-line dating thing!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Lady said...

aaawww very nice... :)

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home