Thursday, October 19, 2006

34 years, 363 days, and counting

As I'll be going to a wedding on my 35th birthday (grumble, grumble, when did my life turn into a lost episode of Sex and the City? grumble, grumble) I decided to take the day off to treat myself right. First it was off to buy an ugly pair of boots (again, sorry Julia). Then to shop for the wedding. I've had a dreadful time finding the right dress to wear to the damn wedding (actually that's not entirely true: I've had a depressing time thinking of buying yet-another dress to wear to yet-another wedding). So I decided to treat myself to classic Tiffany's.

Okay, it's not exactly diamonds, but I can't really afford diamonds. (Or as Holly Golightly once said about diamonds, "I think they're divine on older women, but I don't think they'd be right for me. You do understand.") Then it was time for lunch at a rooftop cafe: New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc; Rare, seared tuna on a bed of fresh greens with pickled ginger and gorgeous tomatoes, avocodo, and the tastiest wasabi vinagrette; then for desert (what gal can't have desert on her almost-birthday?) chocolate fudge truffle layer cake. With a candle, of course. And singing.

I think Holly Golightly would approve!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

That sounds like a truly divine day (NZ Sauv Blanc - yum!). And the bracelet is gorgeous. What a fabulous way to spend your almost-birthday!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger priscilla said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday...just pretend all the celebrating is for you! ;-)

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I have that same bracelet. You have exquisite taste. Have a wonderful Birthday!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

I think it's birthday time now so HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA!!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Thanks, everyone! I just got back and will give a full report (with pictures -- luckily friends had remembered digital cameras) in the next couple of days!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HEY!!!! I HOPE YOUR BIRHTDAY WAS AMAZING!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home