Thursday, June 01, 2006

You Know You've Surpassed Sloth When...

...you aren't working (in fact, you aren't doing much of anything besides watching SATC on dvd) but your apartment is a disaster (because who cleans when SATC is on?) and the laundry is starting to block the TV so you decide to send it out to be cleaned (because why would a person who isn't working or (in fact) doing much of anything have time or energy to launder her clothes herself?) but then contemplate just hauling out your 80s clothes (tube tops and Hammer pants, anyone?) because the cleaners is a whole half a block away and that would require actual walking (with a huge pile of laundry strapped to your back) and who wants to walk that far when SATC is on?

Alright, Mom. I'm going.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Novelist said...

LOL - I can relate. When SATC is on, the world stops. I've tried to multi-task when the show was on, but it doesn't work. I find myself gravitating toward the TV...LOL. :)

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I totally can relate. I've resorted to buying new underwear instead of just doing laundry. BTW I've misplaced your Email address and I want to talk to you about BBC. When should the deadline for finishing book two be? I haven't even started the book yet!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home