Monday, May 22, 2006

In the toilet

Literally, that's where this vacation has landed. Or at least my amazing $4.80 sunglasses did anyway. I was, you know, peeing in the very-modern Zaragoza EstaciĆ³n Delicias while waiting for my train to Madrid at around 12:03 today, and when I turned aroud to, you know, flush, and as I was getting ready to exit....SPLASH!!!! In they went.

What's a gal to do? I mean, these $4.80 sunglasses have seen me through two international voyages; they've been dropped countelss times and stuffed into dark corners of backpacks and suitcases; and it goes without saying that they make me look fabulous.

But I just couldn't keep them. I couldn't very well flush them either, so I grabbed a plastic baggie, wrapped it around my hand, fished my $4.80 sunglasses out by the stem (which, luckily, was sticking out from the water) and immediately tossed them.

Never before have I washed my hands more thoroughly.

Tomorrow it's adios to Spain and hello to the U.S.A.!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Oh no! I loved those sunnies!

Can't believe you're almost home...

11:24 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I know; I can't believe my two months of travel is O V E R!

Oh, I miss my sunnies. Hopefully the shop will still have a pair left!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home