Monday, February 27, 2006

Marc Jacobs on Oprah

It wasn't all that exciting, but here are some highlights from Marc Jacob's Spring 2006 line (found at Oprah's website).

Marc, what were you thinking pairing this half-way decent dress (though nothing worth buying) with black tights? TIGHTS?!? That is a fad that needs to go away. And while I love (love) the hat (in fact, it's my favorite part of the whole ensemble -- black tights!?) it's just too much of a contrast with such a light dress (and I ordinarily love contrasts with fashion).







I love this skirt and love the top and love the cardigan, but again with the black tights!!!! Please, someone make it stop! You're killing fashion.



And what are these sandals? WITH BLACK TIGHTS?!?! Again, what were you thinking, Marc?





I actually like this cocktail dress. Marc said it was inspired by a sweatshirt. It's very original but without being so over-the-top that it's unwearable. Me likey.











This crinkled organza dress was my favorite of the whole show. Just lovely.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with you about the sandals and tights. Just did not get the appeal of either. I did not care for the first outfit at all. I thought the model looked frumpy and if a model looks frumpy in the outfit how will it look on us mere mortals. I too liked the sweatshirt dress. Marc's voice sounded different than I imagined for some reason. Wish he was on for the entire episode!

6:21 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

The first outfit sort of looks like what I wear when I'm walking my dog -- I just throw something on without caring how it looks together. The individual pieces are alright; it's just the effect of the whole.

I do wish he were on longer. I liked hearing about his emergence onto the fashion scene. The Choo/Barbie/Elmo segments weren't that interesting.

6:24 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I don't know if I can look at Karl for an entire hour (thank goodness for commercials).

Black tights! BLACK TIGHTS! And they weren't even real tights. They were STIRRUP tights. Shudder.

12:12 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

She don' look like she's dancing!

Er, nice try at justifying BLACK TIGHTS, Marc!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Thank you so much for letting me watch it through you - I too hate the black tights 'trend' and hope it goes away quickly.

Karl is becoming hard work so it'll be interesting to see what he's like on Oprah *still hoping they'll screen both here*

7:09 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, I should have taped Marc for you -- when's Karl on? I can record it for you!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

I don't have a VCR anymore so thank you but don't worry, just keep posting your wonderful reviews!

9:14 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Okay, no problem!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop picking on the tights..its not fair!!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home