Monday, January 16, 2006

This Week. My confession.

Has it really come to this?

This week, I'm going to a dating seminar. It's called "How to Make Any Man Fall For You."

Seriously. I kid you not.

I've never ever been one of those desperate-to-be-in-a-relationship type of woman. The whole idea for this emerged from a writing project I started last summer and that has continued into this winter. So going to this is really about research. However. But. You saw this one coming. This morning, already a bit anxious about what shoes one should wear to a dating seminar, the first thought in my head was: I want a boyfriend.

Such a thought has not crossed my mind in many, many, many years.

Has it really come to this?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

A dating seminar? Wow. Now I'm really curious. Can't wait to read the review on what it was about and what you learnt. Dating seems like a weird concept to me (we don't really "date" in Australia like you do in the US), and so I want to know what it is that you learnt.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like fun...you never know...it could just be funny and you end up getting a kick out of it....OR...maybe something good/more will come of it?

8:57 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I've never really "dated" either, not in the traditional sense of the word.

Joy -- you are such an optimist! It should be fun, I hope, but I'm a bit nervous about it....

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home