Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Am feeling sad today....

A good friend's mom recently had a tumor removed. She seemed to be on the mend, but today, she just found out that a new tumor has appeared, and it appears that there's nothing they can do. It's just a matter of time. She and her husband are going home to Peru, the land where they met. Why not? What other option is there?

I'm so sad for C, for her whole family. It's been almost a year since my daddy died, and that pain, that loss, that grief...that love, that hope that he will walk through my door, it never really goes away. You move on, you breathe. You live.

You have to, I suppose. What other option is there?

Just last night, I had a dream about him. Right now, the dream feels like chaos, so I don't remember much about what happened. But I know that he was dying, he died in the dream, he died again, and in the dream I knew that he was already dead, but still there was nothing I could do but watch him die again.

And now I miss him. More than ever. I suppose that goes without saying.

What other option is there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I think of you and your dad all the time and know your daddy is beaming with your love.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home